1. Increase awareness of Golden-winged Warbler conservation status throughout its range (see map below).
2. Examine the evidence for possible causes for Golden-winged Warbler declines and explore some of the issues related to reversing those declines.
3. Identify gaps in knowledge and develop priorities for coordinated Golden-winged Warbler research.
4. Explore management opportunities for reversing Golden-winged Warbler declines in the context of all-bird conservation.
5. Develop a conservation plan for Golden-winged Warblers that includes research, management strategies, regional coordination, and monitoring.
6. Develop a coordination plan for information sharing and conservation action follow-through.